General Manager – Operations (Technical and Engineering Resources)
Primary location: Pirkkala, Finland
To cope with increasing demand, we are looking for a highly motivated, true team player and qualified General Manager for our Technical and Engineering Centre of Excellence. This is a new position with primary focus to manage and control the cost-effective delivery of technical and engineering services across multiple projects. You will be managing a team of C.50 highly skilled professional and projects ranging from a few hundred thousand Euro’s to several millions running concurrently.
The ideal candidate will have a logical, analytical and financially astute mind as well as demonstrable experience of budgetary control. They should have knowledge of process manufacturing and preferably the automotive sector (OEM and Replacement channels) with a proven track record of significant value project delivery. Additionally, experience of working in international environments and an appreciation of new trends and developments in automation, manufacturing execution systems and “SMART” factory process management would be an advantage.
Why join us?
At BD you will find a vibrant working environment with an emphasis on delivery of world class solutions. Your co-workers are talented, enthusiastic and most importantly, awesome people! We value fellowship, continuous improvement, simplicity and responsibility & we really want to take care of our employees. BD is a rapidly expanding Company and active in several potential acquisitions which could lead to further opportunities for those senior general managers with aspirations to become a CEO in the foreseeable future. For the past seven years we have been growing rapidly and the future looks great!
- Manage, develop and motivate all team members
- Prepare contract cost inputs in consultation with Sales & Marketing
- Ensure all contract project goals and time-based deliverables are respected
- Regularly review and report on strategic project delivery directly to the CEO
- Highlight any difficulties/delays to the Management Team and seek appropriate solutions
- Control project revenue inflows in consultation with finance and sales
- Deliver quality work at the lowest possible cost
- Continuously seek to increase productivity and reduce delivery cost
- Manage credit control and cash flow
- Degree level education
- At least 5 years’ experience of managing a senior engineering team
- Professional engineering qualifications
- Professional project management qualifications
- Excellent communications in English (written and verbal), interpersonal and organizational skills
An advantage would be:
- A second language (especially Finnish)
- Direct experience of high volume tire manufacturing
- International experience
Send your application and CV (including current remuneration details) by 31.03.2018 to: email@example.com
Further information: HR & Communications Manager Liisa Lindström-Varis +35840 703 9958
on 21th and 23th of March between 11:30-13