Welcome on the Black Donuts Engineering Media Day registration page!
We’re glad you’re interested in joining us in Helsinki, Finland, on May 23rd for a day of insights into Finland’s “Rubber Valley” and our company and its innovations for the tire industry in particular.
In Finland’s 100th year of independence, we will show you yet another interesting aspect of our country: Our world-leading, long-standing expertise in tire and tire plant engineering. Not just in theory, but also live as a first-hand experience on a real racing track in brand new Mercedes C-class cars, experiencing the differences in various tire technologies. Come see for yourself!
Having worked for 15 out of the 20 biggest tire manufacturers in the world over decades, BDE executives will give you unique and brand-independent expert insights into current industry challenges, evolution and upcoming trends, responding to new needs of OEMs and innovation paradigms, shifts in the world of tire making, as well as how value is created and how modern tires and up-to-date tire plants are developed and realized. At the event, BDE will also unveil plans for what is likely to be the biggest tire plant in the world and speak about other exciting projects from Iran to the United States as well.
- Kai Hauvala, President & CEO of Black Donuts Engineering, has worked in the international tire industry for more than 20 years, coming from Nokian Tyres plc., where he served as Head of Tyre construction and tread pattern development for ten years.
- Eero Mikkola, Senior Advisor of Black Donuts Engineering, has almost 30 years of industry experience, among others eight years as a tire test and truch tire engineer at Continental AG, Germany.
- Tomi Pekkola, Sales Director of Black Donuts Engineering also has 15 years of experience.
As part of the attractive itinerary in top-notch venues, you can also enjoy some fun activities such as an off-road drive through the Finnish forests outside of Helsinki, an optional city tour in the unique coastal capital, as well as the chance to have dinner in one of the best-known modern Finnish cuisine restaurants and, of course, a relaxing visit to an original Finnish sauna after the official event.
Suggested travel dates are:
- Arrival in Helsinki in the evening of May 22nd with an optional dinner at Finnjävel, a unique modern Finnish fine dining restaurant
- The official ‘Rubber Valley’ Explorer Day program at the private racing circuit Premier Park near Helsinki starts in the morning of May 23rd and will finish at 4 p.m.
- If you’re pressed for time, you can fly out after that. Otherwise, join us for an optional guided city tour and for a relaxing sauna visit with Finnish snacks later.
- If you like, we suggest to stay for a second night and go on a day trip to discover Finland’s treasures around and near its capital, flying out in the evening of May 24th.
If you want to join us, please fill in the details below and we will be in touch with you shortly.
We are very much looking forward to welcoming you in May – one of the best times of the year to visit Helsinki and Finland, with long days and comfortable spring temperatures.
Location: Racing track outside of Helsinki
The event will take place just outside of Finland’s capital Helsinki, in an exclusive location at the famous Premier Park. You will not just hear about tire industry technology, but also experience it!
Where to stay
We suggest the Glo Hotel Art, an enchanting hotel set in an old stone castle right in the city center – a shuttle bus will leave outside that hotel for transfer to the event location on May 23rd, 2017.
Register now by May 2nd for the Black Donuts Engineering Media Day 2017 in Helsinki, Finland!
After registration, you will receive an email confirmation and we will be in touch with you soon.
What to do on top
For May 24th, we can recommend the following day-trips as individual authentic Finland experiences: